Financial planning can feel overwhelming, especially if you’re just starting out or you’re moving to a new institution. Here’s how to choose the right Denver financial advisor for your needs.
How Do I Choose a Denver Financial Advisor?
With so many options available here in Colorado, it can be overwhelming to choose a financial advisor. Following these tips can help you sift through what’s out there and find the place that’s best for you:
- Understand why you need a financial advisor. Are you looking for an institution that specializes in Denver private financial management? Do you have a complex estate that requires expert care? Are you looking to pay down debt or start investing in the stock market? Write down 3-5 financial goals or needs. Then, search for a wealth management company known for these services.
- Ask about payment. Before you work with a Denver financial advisor, you want to understand what you’re paying for and how you’ll be charged. A reputable company will explain all fees outright, but don’t hesitate to ask questions if you need clarification. Better to have a straight answer now than a surprise later on when the bill arrives!
Here in Denver, Trajan Wealth is composed of fee-only fiduciaries. That means your payments are straightforward and consistent from the start. And as fiduciary financial advisors, our team must put our client’s best interests first.
- Look for companies with similar clientele. Find a financial fiduciary advisor who works with those in comparable age ranges, income brackets, life circumstances, financial needs, etc.
Understanding their general clientele can help you decide between multiple Denver private financial management companies. Whether you have a larger estate, own a small business, or have foreign assets, you want to know they can handle it.
- Schedule an initial consultation. A big part of working with a fiduciary advisor is a strong foundation built on mutual trust and respect. Scheduling an initial consultation lets you meet your potential advisor and see how well you connect.
During this first meeting, ask yourself:
– Do we work well together?
– Do I feel comfortable asking them questions?
– Do their answers make sense to me?
– Do I like spending time with this person, or is it cold and impersonal?
These details make a big difference when it comes to managing your money. After all, you’ll likely work with the same Denver financial advisor for a long time. You want to make sure the time and financial commitment is enjoyable and worthwhile!
Your Fiduciary Financial Advisor: Denver
Here in the Mile High City, we know you have many financial management options. But at Trajan Wealth, we do things differently. With the hearts of educators, our style is transparent, with open communication. Our team will get to know you and your goals before preparing a robust and personalized plan! Along the way, we ensure you feel confident about everything we propose and execute as we support your financial well-being.
Want to get to know us better? Schedule an appointment with our Denver financial advisor team. Meet us in our Denver office or online if that’s more convenient.
We look forward to learning more about your financial needs and how we can help!