Whether you’re a lifelong Texan or have always dreamt of moving here, what do you need to know about a Houston retirement? There’s a lot to look into. Finding your ideal neighborhood, perhaps getting a new doctor, figuring out transportation needs. We can’t help you with every element of retirement, but we can assist with your retirement financial planning.
Personalized financial planning can make transitioning to this new chapter easier and more exciting. You just want to create a system that works for you and your comfort levels. That’s where our fiduciary advisors at Trajan Wealth come in.
The Benefits of Retiring in Houston, Texas
Take it from us—there’s a lot to love about living in Houston, and those elements just get better with retirement. Let’s look at what makes a Houston retirement so desirable:
- Tons of Green Space. Houston is known for its ample parks (366 in total!). These are the perfect spots to sit and read one of your favorite books, walk with your grandkids, or simply soak in the Texas landscape.
- Houston History. There are plenty of sites to visit for all you history buffs out there, including the world-famous Space Center.
- Raveworthy Restaurants. If you’re tired of cooking every meal, Houston is the city to be. With 11,000 restaurants, from BBQ to Tex-Mex, there are always new places to explore and favorites to return to.
- Bustling Arts & Culture Scene. There’s plenty of nightlife and culture between the Houston Grand Opera, the Houston Museum of Fine Arts, and the thriving Houston Theater District.
- Beautiful Weather. It’s no secret that we have gorgeous weather most of the time in Texas, with plenty of sunshine. Who doesn’t want a nice, balmy retirement?
- No State Income Tax. As we’ve discussed before, Texas retirement taxes are on your side. One of the biggest perks—your Social Security, 401(k), and pension are not taxable and they never will be.
- Groceries and Medications Aren’t Taxed Either. That’s right, there are no sales taxes on groceries and medications.
Let’s Plan Your Texas Retirement
Do you feel like a Houston retirement is the right choice for you? Let’s get your financial planning to make your dreams a reality. Our fiduciary advisors work with you to:
- Plan for medical costs.
- Navigate inflation.
- Protect your assets.
- Figure out when to take social security.
- Manage retirement taxes.
- Understand and manage annuities.
- Answer complex financial questions.
Learn more about what makes our retirement planning services unique.
Visit One of Our Houston Locations
You’ve been working hard—now is the time to enjoy the fruits of your labor. The fiduciary advisors at Trajan Wealth are here to help you navigate income planning so that when the time comes, you can put up your feet. Or go fishing. Travel the world. Write a novel. See your grandchildren. Whatever your heart desires.
Stop into one of our two Houston locations: one is in Sugar Land, Texas and the other is in The Woodlands. Come on by and take charge of your financial future.